Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summa D160R usb connection problem

Discussion in 'Summa' started by bigben, Feb 12, 2018.

1. bigben

bigben Moderator Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    For some time now I have a connexion problem with my summa D160R. It's connected via USB since there is not an ethernet port on this model. When it's connected to my PC and cutting via winplot, I lost the connection after every job. I need to unplug the usb and reboot the cutter. If I connect it on my mac mini and caldera for print&cut, I don't have this problem. So I'm assuming it could be a driver problem on my PC, but even if I reinstall winplot ans summa cutter control, I have the same problem.

What should I do next?

Tags:
  2. papabud

papabud Lone Wolf

Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    your usb driver could be corrupted or the physical port could be failing

3. bigben

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    If I use the 2 usb port on my PC, I have the same problem. So It coud be the USB driver then?

4. papabud

papabud Lone Wolf

Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    you could try to uninstall the port driver and reinstall it and see if that helps

5. SignBurst PCs

SignBurst PCs Very Active Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Utah
    I would try to find an up-to-date version of the USB driver as well as physically check each USB port on the computer (front and back) for problems such as bent pins (contacts). You might also check the Event Viewer logs to see if you are having problems with any USB devices (other than the Summa).

6. bigben

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    So I've uninstalled the driver and install the latest one. I will physically check the port (I have the same problem from the 2 ports in front of my tour). I don't have any problem other than with my cutter.

7. timgo

timgo Graphics Designer

Aug 20, 2016
    Delft
    I think that another device is also connected to your PC via USB port.
    Remove all the devices from your PC and only plug in your summa D160R.
    Or is a hardware installed in your PC with a USB connection.
    Connect your summa D160R. on another pc with winplot,