• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D60 problem

Deaton Design

My Summa cutter is leaving one small place uncut when I cut vinyl. Its always one small place and no others. Its causing havoc when I weed though, cause I forget and when I weed, then there it goes, rippppppp. Anyone had this problem before? Thanks!

signage

clean the cutting head and blade holder also. you may want to put some graphite on the head solenoid.

Doug Pulver

John,
Sound to me like the vinyl is starting to move before the knife is all the way down. This could be caused by a sticking knife holder due to dirt or age. In the owners manual there is a section on "overcut". You can adjust the overcut from 0 to 10, 0 being off and 10 is maximum. Each unit equals about 0.1mm or 0.004". Although you only need this for the first cut, adjusting the overcut will effect all cuts. This might help compensate if the part that's missing being cut is 1mm / .040" or smaller.

This photo is right out of the manual. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Overcut.jpg
    Overcut.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 336