• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D75 questions

Jeremiah

General question for those Summa people. Today a guy walks in our shop and says. Hey Dude you make signs. I just got a storage unit with a bunch of sign stuff. Along with a lot of supplies I got a Summa D75. 36". Has no USB port on it, so my question is. Do I need an old computer with serial port or is there a simple adapter that I can use to check out if it works ? Any other special stuff needed ? Thanks in advance for any info

Jburns

yes. Old computer with serial port / new computer with serial port / or tripp lite Keyspan USb to serial adaptor and your software

Jeremiah

Thanks, I found an old thread with the same question I have. Dont know if I will ever use it. It may just sit in. The corner if our shop too.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Jeremiah,

If this is a D75-R then it should have a USB port on it. If this is an older SummaSign Pro D750 then it may have a serial port and one of the Keyspan RS232 serial to USB adapters from Tripplite should work well for getting the cutter to communicate with your computer. Just make sure that you get the adapter that includes the USB driver with it otherwise it won't function correctly.

Once you get the plotter to communicate you can download the free GoSign or Winplot cutting software and the only other software you would need from there would be a design program like CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator.

We carry all the various parts and consumable items like blades, pens, etc. so if you need any of those items we have them in stock. We also carry some of the more unusual parts like motors, belts, etc. in case your cutter might need any of those items.

I hope the cutter works out well for you and feel free to contact me if I can be a resource in any way.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com