• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SUMMA dc SERIES SCRATCHING (?) SURFACE OF MEDIA

signshoppe540

I have an old and beloved DC3plus and recently it started leaving marks on output that I can't identify. Looks like scratches or gaps, although you can't feel anything. They are repeating, If you look at this output sample you may be able to see them. I've cleaned the printhead carefully and checked all the ribbons. This may be the most troublefree piece of equipment I've ever had, but this is making me nuts.
view

Thanks for any advice or ideas!

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hello Signshoppe540,

Is the marking you are describing a white line that runs the full width of the print pass in the same section of the pass each time?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation

signshoppe540

Hello Signshoppe540,

Is the marking you are describing a white line that runs the full width of the print pass in the same section of the pass each time?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
Phil-

If you right click on the link in my post it will allow you to open it in a new tab. The marking is amost like a cat-scratch, not a line all the way across the media. Appreciate the response.

s
[QUOTE="signsbydale, post: 1347583, member: 2935"]Welcome to :signs101smilie:

Where's the image?[/QUOTE]

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Signshoppe540,

I took a look at the photo and those appear to be heat wrinkles. What is the density set at and what type of material are you printing on? Also, do you have double density turned on?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation

DavCor

Production Manager
I had the same issue with my DC5. Mine had to do with the vinyl I use, Summa tech support told me to turn double density on. It's a little slower, but haven't had any issues on any vinyl since.

signshoppe540

Hi Signshoppe540,

I took a look at the photo and those appear to be heat wrinkles. What is the density set at and what type of material are you printing on? Also, do you have double density turned on?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
Phil-

Thanks for your reply. I checked and the density is set to 11200. I'm using the summa-sourced 3M cast vinyl. I never found a setting for double density, but I did run the density test and the little scratches were there, too.. They are always diagonal, about an inch or so long, and usually not in the same place on successive runs.

Thanks,

s

signshoppe540

I had the same issue with my DC5. Mine had to do with the vinyl I use, Summa tech support told me to turn double density on. It's a little slower, but haven't had any issues on any vinyl since.

Thanks for your reply. still searching for the "double density" setting.

s