• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Dc5 W/ Gerber Ribbon - Want Kx Green

Versus

Graphics
Hi people

We got a huge issue with our new Summa DC5. It dosent seem to be able to print a Kawasaki green... Unlike our old Gerber Edge, this thing cant hit anything near a kawasaki green. Does anyone know something that we dont?

Now we are thinking about experimenting with Gerber ribbons (will cut them down and use hours to fit them to casettes). the gerber has a green thats spot on for kawasakis, unlike the summa. As we are in the Graphics business for motorsports, this is crucial.

Hielorojo

Hi people

We got a huge issue with our new Summa DC5. It dosent seem to be able to print a Kawasaki green... Unlike our old Gerber Edge, this thing cant hit anything near a kawasaki green. Does anyone know something that we dont?

Now we are thinking about experimenting with Gerber ribbons (will cut them down and use hours to fit them to casettes). the gerber has a green thats spot on for kawasakis, unlike the summa. As we are in the Graphics business for motorsports, this is crucial.
Hello there, which is the exact kawasaki gerber colour? Lime Green?
Thank you in advance.

Tattoosleeve

Hi people

How do you find this machine for motorsports aside from the green issue? I'm looking at the DC5 to replace my EDGE FX as the FX simply requires too much labour hours to print a kit with 8 colors. I stumbled across the DC5 the other day and it looks like it would make way more sense than doing the MX kits on the edge. Heard there can be problems with overlap / gapping issues on the Convex material unless the environment is very strictly controlled.

Last edited:

Versus

Graphics
How do you find this machine for motorsports aside from the green issue? I'm looking at the DC5 to replace my EDGE FX as the FX simply requires too much labour hours to print a kit with 8 colors. I stumbled across the DC5 the other day and it looks like it would make way more sense than doing the MX kits on the edge. Heard there can be problems with overlap / gapping issues on the Convex material unless the environment is very strictly controlled.
There is some problems with overlaps and we havent totally figured it out, so we just re print at the moment as we dont got the time to dig deep into it. and as mentioned there is no support. Other than the Green and the lack of a good Yamaha blue. Its pretty nice. But it definetly drives one mad on a daily basis :)