• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC5SX sticker vinyl

Maui Stickers

Aloha,

My company is a sticker company. We are using the DC 5SX. I'm looking for a alternative type of vinyl to use for stickers. I like the print quality of the 3M premium cast vinyl, But it is too thin and difficult for the general consumer to apply. I switched to the intermediate vinyl for the thickness. I am not as happy though with the print quality. Is anyone having success with a different brand of vinyl? Preferably something similar to what sticker mule is using.

Thanks.

CanuckSigns

what about a polyester material? with the summa you should be able to print on it and it's a bit more rigid than vinyl.

Maui Stickers

what about a polyester material? with the summa you should be able to print on it and it's a bit more rigid than vinyl.

How does the polyester material do with thermal transfer printing? Are there any brands that you would recommend? How is the polyester material with outdoor exposure?

Thanks

CanuckSigns

Polyester prints very well on our Gerber edge which is thermal. It's outdoor durability is on par or better than vinyl.

We use "Gerber labelstock" but I'm sure with the summa there are more options.