• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Gosign

Bly

Is anyone using this new software for Summa cutters yet?
I just noticed it but haven't installed it yet.

Snydo

Nice find, I will be checking it out tomorrow. There are updated versions of Summa Cutter Controls and S Class 2 firmware as well.

Bly

Looks like it's a more full featured version of Winplot with an optional paid pro version.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Looks pretty much the same as goproduce for their flatbed cutters, should be a nice add on for a roll cutter.
We have been using goproduce (Roll Cutter edition) for a few months... basically the beta to this. It's a great change and we look forward to unlocking the Pro features once allowed.

Hopefully, this is also the precursor to ethernet only for the cam versions of the S2. It will be nice to not be tethered to a computer for cutter placement.

Tessellate

Side note about the cable. We have the cutter around 100’ away from the computer. Physical distance is only 20 feet but all our data drops come from the warehouse roof. We are running a simple usb to cat 5e converter. It allows us to run a virtually 300’ cat5e cable from machine to computer.

at the current 100’ cable we do NOT notice any data lag and very data heavy flex cut files don’t have an impact on time cutting or lag. Certainly something to explore if you need some extra distance.

Great news about the update - something I will have to look into. Thanks for the notice!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Side note about the cable. We have the cutter around 100’ away from the computer. Physical distance is only 20 feet but all our data drops come from the warehouse roof. We are running a simple usb to cat 5e converter. It allows us to run a virtually 300’ cat5e cable from machine to computer.

at the current 100’ cable we do NOT notice any data lag and very data heavy flex cut files don’t have an impact on time cutting or lag. Certainly something to explore if you need some extra distance.

Great news about the update - something I will have to look into. Thanks for the notice!
Is this with the camera? We tried a conversion extender, and it caused issues with the camera.

CanuckSigns

Being a software limitation is something that has been mentioned previously to us by Summa.

I believe it has to do with the camera. The machine comes with a 9 ft cable and an 18 inch extension cable for some unknown reason, when the extension is used the camera can't communicate with goproduce to do print/cut. Even using a 15 ft USB cable or powered hub is no use.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Nice find, I will be checking it out tomorrow. There are updated versions of Summa Cutter Controls and S Class 2 firmware as well.

My cutter control seems to be up to date as per their website but that’s a build from March?

Do you know where to find the firmware 24 release notes? I wanna see if it’s fixed the multitude of issues we’re having.

Tessellate

We are just running an t160 and this extension works great for us. Unfortunately I cannot comment on a table style machines.

jerry369

Hopefully, this is also the precursor to ethernet only for the cam versions of the S2. It will be nice to not be tethered to a computer for cutter placement.

The drivers to manage the camera installed on the TC and F series are available only for Windows and only through USB. This is the reason they need a dedicated PC with Windows and an USB connection to comunicate with the camera.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The drivers to manage the camera installed on the TC and F series are available only for Windows and only through USB. This is the reason they need a dedicated PC with Windows and an USB connection to comunicate with the camera.
Yes, like I said we were told previously that it was a software limitation. Hopefully, with this new release, that limitation will eventually go away.

jerry369

Hopefully, with this new release, that limitation will eventually go away.

TC plotters, as F series with GoProduce, will continue to need a windows PC and an USB connection. With GoSign you can avoid to run Summa Cutter Control program in background to manage the camera because GoSign communicates directly with the camera, but the plotter always must be connected through USB.
Summa Cutter Control program will continue to have to be used with RIPs and others software.

Christian @ 2CT Media

TC plotters, as F series with GoProduce, will continue to need a windows PC and an USB connection. With GoSign you can avoid to run Summa Cutter Control program in background to manage the camera because GoSign communicates directly with the camera, but the plotter always must be connected through USB.
Summa Cutter Control program will continue to have to be used with RIPs and others software.
Ok dude, clearly you are not reading what I wrote or you have inside knowledge that contradicts Summa techs.

Saturn

Aging Member
Would love to hear more feedback from anyone using an S2 and GoSign Pro, especially the Illustrator plugin part.

The release notes mention 'barcode functionality' in the pro version, and I would KILL for the ability to create standalone barcoded files independent of a RIP, doing my own imposing and layout.

Adhoore

The "barcode functionality" in GoSign Pro is a barcode server. You still need a RIP to generate the barcode in your design. Illustrator plugin can't do it either.