• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Plotter Software

splizaat

Hey All!
For the last eight years, we've been using a program called SignCut Pro (previously Signcut) on a PC to send jobs we design in illustrator to our trusty old Summa D60 Plotter.

Seems Signcut has doubled the price of their software recently, and our subscription is up. I'm not opposed to paying a yearly fee for constant updates, but our use with the plotter is pretty basic....load eps, hit cut. OCCASIONALLY we handle paneling in the plot software but that's about the extent of it

What programs would you recommend we look into to run our Summa D60 from a PC running Windows?

splizaat

I should also clarify, we design on one computer, transfer to the PC via dropbox. We do not have illustrator (for plugin) on the computer running the plotter.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
You can manually import the .eps files into Winplot, so that process shouldn't be an issue.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation

AF

Winplot works great. It is not design software but you can do some basic manipulations in it.

timgo

Graphics Designer
Hey All!
For the last eight years, we've been using a program called SignCut Pro (previously Signcut) on a PC to send jobs we design in illustrator to our trusty old Summa D60 Plotter.

Seems Signcut has doubled the price of their software recently, and our subscription is up. I'm not opposed to paying a yearly fee for constant updates, but our use with the plotter is pretty basic....load eps, hit cut. OCCASIONALLY we handle paneling in the plot software but that's about the extent of it

What programs would you recommend we look into to run our Summa D60 from a PC running Windows?
Everything you need is SignLab 10.
Try the Trial Version
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/SL10Trial.exe

splizaat

Been using WinPlot (thank you) lately...only thing I can't figure out...

How can I change the distance between copies if there is no weeding frame?

Bly

Been using WinPlot (thank you) lately...only thing I can't figure out...

How can I change the distance between copies if there is no weeding frame?

I don't think you can, you can just set the distance of the weed border.

decalman

I got a summa d75 and I use corel x5.
Summa requires that winplot plug in be installed also.
No big deal.