• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Problem...

My Summa D75 has been a workhorse since I got it. It has been dead accurate and not had a single problem... until today. I cut one small job (printed 3M 680CR) with no issues. I loaded up the next job, about 4' long, and noticed something wasn't right about how it scanned the media, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it did differently. I sent the job to the cutter, aligned the blade with the first mark, and it found all of the marks with no issues. It then took off cutting and cut everything about 1/4" off, too low on the Y axis. I tried restarting the cutter, restarting Flexi, nothing worked. I printed two new different jobs, and it did the same thing again. All my settings in Flexi appear to be good, any ideas??

Thanks to the Signs 101 archives, I fixed the problem. I found a thread from way back where a guy said his OPOS sensor got bumped and knocked one of its pegs out of the hole, which had it sitting crooked in the carriage. Sure enough, that's what happened to mine. I popped it back in place and we are back to getting those beautiful 100% accurate Summa cuts! I just wish I would've found the problem before trashing 6 feet of 680CR!