• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa s120 t vs summa s2120t

Hey guys,

I am wondering if any of you know the differences between the summa s series and the summa s class 2 series cutters?

Also,
is there any difference in accuracy between the regular contour registration mark setup and the opos cam setup? Or does it just help with speed?

thanks in advance!!

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Thomas,

I hope you had a great weekend! There are a few differences between the S Class and S2 machines including a different menu system, network connectivity, and "flash cut" capabilities. The new touch screen on the S2 is full color and the primary settings like knife pressure, cutting speed, tool selection, etc are all on the home screen. With the S Class models these settings are found in sub-menus so there are more steps to get into the different settings to make adjustments. With the flash cut feature on the S2 you can load cut files(.plt files) onto a USB thumb drive that plugs directly into the cutter and output those files without having to send them from your computer. This is great for customers who cut the same jobs frequently and speeds up that process. The S2 machines also have a network connection so you could setup the machine on a network as opposed to the S Class models which require a dedicated USB connection.

As far as the accuracy difference between the OPOS X and OPOS Cam machines, they have the exact same accuracy tolerance(+/-0.004") so there is no difference there. The OPOS Cam machines do detect the registration marks quicker(between 3-4 seconds quicker on average) compared to the OPOS X sensor. Keep in mind that the OPOS Cam models can only be connected via USB(because the USB connection powers the camera) and are not compatible with Mac OS.

You should still have all my contact info from our previous emails, but just in case you don't my email is philj@airmark.com and my phone number is (800)527-7778, ext 112. Please feel free to reach out if I can help out at all.

Thanks, Thomas!

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Thomas,

Depending on the version of Flexi you are referring to, both the S Class and S2 should work without issue. Flexi(SAi) just announced and end of life cycle for versions 10.5 or older so if you are using one of those versions then it will be difficult to get support should you run into any difficulties.

Do you already have the S Class machine or are you considering that as an alternative to getting a new machine?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation

Phil,

I am deciding between buying a used s120t plotter locally to handle production until we can buy a second machine which would probably be the s2160t or 140. It just saves some money until we get our marketing rolling and our sales up. We make laptop skins, so detail and accurate contour cutting is our focus.

FrankW

Older Versions of Flexi do not support OPOS XY or OPOS Barcode. As far as I remember, OPOS XY since 10 (but there are Workarounds for that), OPOS BARCODE since 11, and OPOS BARCODE with the Barcode Server integrated instead of needing to use Summa Cutter Control since the last Build of 12.