• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2 T160 - uneven depth

lillhannus

Hi all,

My Summa has always been trustworthy but when I changed blade last week I noticed that the cutting depth is uneven from side to side. If I set a good pressure and depth it will not cut trough the vinyl at the end of the machine. I have to move the head all the way to the left and set a correct depth and pressure. This means that it will cut to deep on the right side of the machine.

Since this discovery I got a new cutting strip and made sure that the machine is in level.

Do you have any ideas what to do?

JR's

Did you check the pressure feet to make sure they are lined up with the roller?
I had a problem with one feet that wasn't in the correct place so it was causing the roller to be uneven.

lillhannus

Did you check the pressure feet to make sure they are lined up with the roller?
I had a problem with one feet that wasn't in the correct place so it was causing the roller to be uneven.

They seem fine. Can I messure this in any way?

FrankW

Could be a problem of the cutting strip (rubber strip below the cutting area).

Could be too a problem of the coil setup, there the knife landing ("setting the landing"): best way to check the manual, chapter 4.3.2.3 "Coil Setup",

lillhannus

Could be a problem of the cutting strip (rubber strip below the cutting area).

Could be too a problem of the coil setup, there the knife landing ("setting the landing"): best way to check the manual, chapter 4.3.2.3 "Coil Setup",

Thanks alot! The landing was set to 26 and I ended up at 19. It really did the trick.

AF

Wouldn’t be a bad idea to replace the cutting strip too if it has been around the yard a few laps.