Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summa S2 T160 - uneven depth

Discussion in 'Summa' started by lillhannus, Mar 15, 2019.

1. lillhannus

lillhannus New Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Sweden
    Hi all,

My Summa has always been trustworthy but when I changed blade last week I noticed that the cutting depth is uneven from side to side. If I set a good pressure and depth it will not cut trough the vinyl at the end of the machine. I have to move the head all the way to the left and set a correct depth and pressure. This means that it will cut to deep on the right side of the machine.

Since this discovery I got a new cutting strip and made sure that the machine is in level.

Do you have any ideas what to do?

Tags:
  2. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    Did you check the pressure feet to make sure they are lined up with the roller?
    I had a problem with one feet that wasn't in the correct place so it was causing the roller to be uneven.

3. lillhannus

lillhannus New Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Sweden
    They seem fine. Can I messure this in any way?

4. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Switzerland
    Could be a problem of the cutting strip (rubber strip below the cutting area).

Could be too a problem of the coil setup, there the knife landing ("setting the landing"): best way to check the manual, chapter 4.3.2.3 "Coil Setup",

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. lillhannus

lillhannus New Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Sweden
    Thanks alot! The landing was set to 26 and I ended up at 19. It really did the trick.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    USA
    Wouldn’t be a bad idea to replace the cutting strip too if it has been around the yard a few laps.