• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2 T75 Cutting Acting Very Odd

calliegraphics

Premium Subscriber
I'm running off of Winplot on my Summa S2 T75 plotter, in tangential mode. It starts cutting just fine, then the blade will start to hammer the vinyl, it is quite violent, with a lot of pressure, then go back to cutting okay. I've double checked my artwork, and even tried new artwork just in case, but it keeps happening. In fact, it seems to be getting worse each time I try (i.e., more hammering vs. proper cutting). Any one have any idea what is going on?

woolly

my guess would be the blade is not being rotated to the correct angle making the blade scrape across the vinyl and judder. posibly caused by a faulty head cable or main ribbon cable
have you got the drag knife assembly to try.

Saturn

Aging Member
I'm no expert and I haven't had this happen to me, but if the blade were extended too far might it be possible that it's catching occasionally and not rising all the way out of the material or cut strip? I imagine if the machine thinks the blade is up and tries to move when it's really not it would cause a sewing machine effect as it moves...

One thing you could try if you think this is remotely a possibility is to screw the blade up, or back into the holder so far that you more or less take that out of the equation and do a dry run of your art without the intention of really cutting anything and see if it still gives the issue without the blade touching anything, or barely touching.

I would think this is a pretty serious issue so I wouldn't run it any more than you have to if you can't solve it quickly. Airmark/Summa have great customer service and I would call or email them immediately if something like this happened to me and I couldn't solve it in the first 1-2 hours.