• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2t Cutting Reflective Issues

mgieske

Anyone got a trick for print/cut on reflective? We have a 160S2T and Onyx12. Tracking is always off. Has a lot of trouble finding registration marks. Our non reflective cuts perfectly.

Last edited:

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Mgieske,

Are you cutting engineer grade reflective, prismatic reflective, or diamond grade reflective? How long of a cut are you attempting to do? If you are cutting longer than 4 feet do you have paneling turned on? What about your velocity setting?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

Split76

cut black registration marks from vinyl and apply?.. My summa F doesn't find reg marks from diamond grade but it can be manually accepted from camera view. I have onyx 12 too.

Bly

I've never needed to do it but believe you can darken the rego marks in Onyx.
There's a setting somewhere..

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
There's a setting somewhere..

FsSdWi2.gif

Is that the one you're referring to?

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

FrankW

Try to calibrate media to improve the marker recognition. It's in the OPOS menu. For that, print a black rectangle of about 5 x 5cm. The cutter will read the black area and the background area and will calculate a contrast value. And will warn if the contrast can't be calibrated.