• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2T160 not turning on.

frojasferrari

6 years since we have our Summa cutter, its a really nice cutter, but a couple of years ago we bought a flatbed cutter (Kongsberg) so the summa is not working so often now as in the beginning, but every time we need it everything is great... until this morning. This morning, after about a month of no work, turned off and unplugged, we tried to cut and the cutter did nothin, we plugged it and turn it on as usual and nothing happened. Any ideas of what could be wrong with it?
we already spoke to the Summa people here in Chile ( The country ) but they will be coming next week.

When plugged and turned on, the red light on the back turns on but nothing happens on the display, and the machine doesnt make the usual "turned on" sound.
IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4186.jpeg

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good afternoon,

This is likely a power supply issue but I would first test the voltage going to the machine from the outlet to make sure you are getting power to the machine. It could also be possible after looking at the photos that you might have a loose connection to the mainboard for the touchscreen perhaps so you might take the right end cap off and check to make sure everything is connected properly. If you're getting voltage to the machine and the connections are all good then you likely will need to swap the power supply.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112(office)
(509)280-6354(cell)
philj@airmark.com