• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa T Series - Does Winplot have "Return to Origin" ?

JP4

Hey Summa guys! Does Winplot have a "Return to Origin" feature like Versaworks?
Thank in Advance!

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi JP4,

To return to the origin just select "no feed" in the output tab in Winplot. Just keep in mind that if you select this the next job will start cutting at the exact same point as the previous one so you may end up cutting over a an area of the vinyl that has already been cut. Feel free to contact me via email at philj@airmark.com if there is anything else I can do to help out.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation

JP4

Thanks Phil....you guys are always great help with these machines. I tried to use the "no feed" but it is shadowed out and will not give me the option.
~JP

jerry369

Thanks Phil....you guys are always great help with these machines. I tried to use the "no feed" but it is shadowed out and will not give me the option.
~JP
The "no feed" option is grayed if you are sending jobs using the "Send to OPOS Cutter" command. "No Feed", "Feed after job" and "Feed after copy" are enabled only when sending cutting data to cutter without OPOS. OPOS jobs always set the origin after the job.

If you want to "return to origin" you must use the "No Feed" option (no OPOS data) AND after the job use the "New Roll" command, choose NO when WinPlot will ask you "Move Origin to end of job?'" in the next dialog box. In this way the next job will be cut in the same position as the previous one.

If you do not use the "New Roll" command between jobs with the "no feed" option enabled, the next job will not start cutting at the exact same point as the previous one but it will activate the internal nesting option of WinPlot

Last edited: