• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SummaCut D60 is missing FlexCut full pressure settings

Christina1105

I'm trying to get FlexCut + Contour cut to work on my SummaCut D60/U but I just can't seem to get this to work!

I can do FlexCuts if I enable it from the cutter but if I turn it off and use the CMYK red on WinPlot as indicated in the documentation, it just uses full pressure to cut. I am using CMYK red (100% Magenta + 100% Yellow) and I've enabled "Cut red lines in FlexCut mode"

I am using the latest SummaCut firmware and WinPlot as of today. Is there something I'm missing?

suI0sph.jpg

NeaHarZ.jpg

pH4Dtm7.jpg

hnizbXt.jpg

xQK7W0m.jpg

AF

Looking at your settings, your flex setting is way too high. Full pressure should be 300+ and flex pressure closer to your normal knife pressure of 170 (which seems high also for vinyl maybe time for new blade).

Flex length looks too short, bump that up to 2.0 for testing and work it down from there until you have problems. You can use partial numbers like 1.8 to fine tune the setting.

Christina1105

Thanks for the reply. It's already in the red layer and I tried changing the flex pressure to be 170 but it didn't work. Also, I just learned that my cutter is missing the Full Pressure Setting!

Last edited:

Christina1105

Is it possible that the older models don't support FlexCut via WinPlot?

Using normal knife pressure as 300 and flex pressure as 170 works if I turn on FlexCut from the cutter but since it's missing the FlexCut Full Pressure setting, I'm thinking that maybe this model doesn't support Normal Cut and FlexCut at the same time.

AF

Flex cut is, in Summa speak, “Full Pressure” and “Flex Pressure”. Normal pressure is irrelevant. Think of full pressure as perf pressure and flex pressure as kiss pressure. It’s time for you to call Summa tech support. Could be junked up firmware or something else hardware related.

Christina1105

I'm able to get flex cut to work by using knife pressure as the full pressure but I can't do kiss cut and flex cut at the same time. Since this is an older model, maybe it doesn't support it but I couldn't find any information on the Summa website. Maybe there's a bug in the firmware but there aren't any links to the older firmware either.

lKaQFnG.jpg

Last edited: