• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SummaCut D60 Not Sensing Heat Transfer Vinyl

jmmccann

I've owned this machine for over 5 years and am very familiar with it and it has never given me a single problem. I just bought a heat press and decided to start working with Heat Transfer Vinyl. I purchased some 15" pieces of FDC HTV and loaded it into the machine but the display says "LOAD MATERIAL". I've tried shifting the vinyl around and moving pinch rollers to get the cutter to sense the material but nothing works. Just to make sure, I loaded a 15" roll of sign vinyl and it immediately indicated "Lower Pinch Rollers" on the display indicating that it was ready to go. I'm not sure what to here. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone know what to do here?

Thanks in advance.

jerry369

You have to deactivate media sensor. In previous versions of the firmware it was possible to calibrate media sensor now, on SummaCutter, this operation is only possible in service mode. Alternatively you can cover the media sensor with adhesive paper.

Be careful, deactivating or covering the sensor the cutter will not stop during the loading procedure or while it is cutting if it reaches the end of the media