• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question summacut d60 stopped cutting

George SOS

Please help someone!!! I have owned a Summacut D60 vinyl plotter for about 15 years now. Yesterday It starting cutting and then suddenly the pouncing tool in the tool carriage stopped going up and down for the knife to have contact with vinyl although it continued to act as it were cutting the letters but in mid-air. Although the plotter start and feeds ok, accepts the job from software, the pouncing tool won't go up and down to cut. I changed knife still the same won't actually cut down on vinyl. Can someone please let me know if there is a quick fix for this problem.

FrankW

Maybe the knife holder is loose (does the bracket moves up and down)?

Otherwise it looks like that you need a new head or a new head cable.

George SOS

Maybe the knife holder is loose (does the bracket moves up and down)?

Otherwise it looks like that you need a new head or a new head cable.
When I move the knife holder manually with my fingers it moves up and down but it won't move up and down when I do test cut.

George SOS

When I move the knife holder manually with my fingers it moves up and down but it won't move up and down when I do test cut.

FrankW

I had the idea that it perhaps move up and down, but wont cut because of the tool is too high. But when you say that the bracket dont move, that will not be the problem.

I would buy a new head cable, and if this wont work a new cutting head. Specially with a new cutting head, it could be that a repair would be more expensive than the value of the cutter, so I would think over buying a new one.

George SOS

I had the idea that it perhaps move up and down, but wont cut because of the tool is too high. But when you say that the bracket dont move, that will not be the problem.

I would buy a new head cable, and if this wont work a new cutting head. Specially with a new cutting head, it could be that a repair would be more expensive than the value of the cutter, so I would think over buying a new one.

George SOS

Thank you very much for your assistance. I will buy a new head cable to see if it works. Thank you for your time and effort.