• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summacut d620 - text cutting speed + curves + misc

chameleon

Hello everyone

I bought a summa!! great machine, i really like how robust it is, after being a work-horse of a signs and decal shop for over 10 years, it has taken its place above my workstation!! (pics coming soon!!)

like many others (probably most new owners of 10+ year old summas) ive had issues with it.

after loads of play time with usb to serial converters, pcmcia card games and software and driver updates and handshakes, after hour cable modding parties... I GOT THE MOTHER TO WORK!!! (on a 32 bit XP system)

if anyone is interested, i will gladly walk you through the whole process

NOW

ive worked quite a bit with a more modern machine in the past (roland gs 24), with foils of different thicknesses, various blades, loads of text, small and big and of course much many more graphics... so i have a sense of what a modern machine can do.

However, this SUMMACUT D620 machine seems to be really handicapped when it comes to cutting text (24point or 48point) it really screws up with curves, somewhat jagged and slow operation. it also 'thinks' in between apexes. somehow, it doesnt seem to be working with vectors...but choppy lines

i have tried both .eps and .ai files and as soon as i import it to winplot, the on-screen resolution is just not acceptable.

it cut straight lines great but also skips some consistently and also randomly.

has anyone had any similar issues what so ever? any tips and tricks would be very much appreciated!!!

thanks for your time!

floater302

What rip are you using? ive only used summa and will never use anything else, but it sounds like a setting isn't right in the summa or your rip.

chameleon

Hey floater302

I'm using
Winplot v11.4
And
Summa cutter control 4.20.0.0
On a 32 bit win xp

Its gotta be software or firmware ot some sort of interference I think. I've got to figure this out!!

Thanks!

chameleon

No dice - possible upgrades? Ram? Memory?

I played around with some parameters. Still same issues.
Any pointers? Anyone?

On a side note...
Could I possibly upgrade some hardware on the motherboard? Add some RAM or MEMORY?

Or even a better control board?(with the intentions of running the machine on a 64 bit system?)

Greetings

chameleon

i managed to get some handshakes on both 32bit winxp and 64bit win 7

however i keep getting the same errorcode (attachment) when i click on >tool properties< on summa cutter control...

any thoughts?

thanks!!

Attachments

• error_codes_1.jpg
    error_codes_1.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 379