• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summacut D75 issue thinks it's a D60??

jonnypb

Hi, new to the forum, hoping someone might be able to provide some insight into my problem.

I recently purchased a used summacut d75r, and was assured that it had low hours and was working properly. It was demo'd using 15" wide vinyl, however I've been having trouble with 24" and 30" rolls.
If the left hand pinch roller is in the sweet spot 2nd from the right, the machine errors telling me to reset the pinch roller ("the left pinch roller is not set properly"). However, if I nudge it a couple of mm out of the sweet spot to the left, it will register. That kind of solved the 24" problem.
But, if I want to load 30" media, the cutting head will not travel past the 2nd pinch roller spot from the right, so the machine won't allow me to cut anything over 24" wide.

Ok, so i just started it up, and now noticed that when the LCD boots up is says D60, not D75!? Although it's clearly a D75....eeesh.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

striper14

My D75 has a large roller on the right,about 150mm wide, which the rh pinch roller has to be on, with 4 smaller rollers to the left. If I'm using 610mm material, which is most of my cutting, the lh pinch roller is on the 3rd small roller from the large one & the rh pinch is on the far rh side where it clicks in place
If you can get the 610 working, you can use extended load to cut larger sizes ( putting 750 material in but setting the rollers for 610 ) tho i've never tried cutting that wide myself, usually just 20 or 30mm extra
I dont know why it says D60 on the menu, go to the summa site, you can d/l the manual easily. Maybe they flashed the wrong firmware or just put the wrong badges on :ROFLMAO:

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Jonnypb,

If you could email me a few photos of the cutter(front and rear) so I can see how you have the vinyl loaded in the machine I would be happy to offer up some pointers. My email is philj@summa.us.

Regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

FrankW

If the plotter wont start with its correct name, you could try the following:

Start Summa Cutter Control Software (Version 4)
Press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+M
A list with possible models appear on the screen, select the one you think you own ;)
Click OK

jonnypb

Thanks FrankW,

I did manage to figure this out, and solved my issue, it was just a matter of tracking a PC that I could run Summa control control. As far as I can tell it's not available for Mac.

FrankW

You're welcome, thank you for your feedback. Yes, Summa Cutter Control is not available on Mac.