• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SummaCut S Class 2 T series

sleepyeyed

Has anyone cut heavy reflective vinyls such as nikkalite or engineer grade reflective sheeting with a SummaCut S Class 2 T series model cutter?

depps74

Being that it can barely cut Oracal 631, I'd say no. See pic. Worst plotter I have ever owned.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 236

Christian @ 2CT Media

We cut reflective prismatic on our summa all the time. It works perfect, you need to adjust everything right and it runs like a champ. To the poster that says it can't cut 631, it looks like you need to better adjust blade depth and pressure and it either looks like you need to adjust your file or turn off curve smoothing.

jayhawksigns

I'll second 2CT, on our second Summa in 20 years and wouldn't want any other cutter here. We print on Nikkalite 48000 and then laminate and contour cut without any issue. I do it slower then normal cast sign vinyl, but it works like a champ.

depps74

I got a lemon. It happens. plain and simple. I did every fix recommended on this site and via their customer service. Nothing worked.