• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sunny's Tanning help

bones

Attachments

• sunnys.jpg
    sunnys.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

SignManiac

The font does nothing for me. Yes honey I'll guide or a woman am I to use tanning beds or lotion or airbrush sorry this is on my iPad as hard to type so I use Dragon dictation that's why cannot weird.

studio 440

try doing your layout in black and white first play with some different fonts make your design relate to the biz keep posting this site has some great talent to learn from

Attachments

• sonnys.jpg
    sonnys.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 85
  • sunnys.jpg
    sunnys.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 110

mikey-Oh

more than the logo, the company's name could use some work... even if the dude who owned it is named sunny, there's gotta be something more insightful for michiganian tan enthusiasts

ProWraps

that font is going to be hard to reproduce in small cut vinyl etc. consider the mediums they are planning to advertise and/or reproduce the logo in.

washingtonsignguy

I agree the font is not working. When i get stuck I google image search it, like search tanning logo and i bet you will see some great ideas and techniques. Also go to a clipart site, like istockphoto and type tanning. That sometimes can give you great ideas. You need to know if the customer is looking for more of a coportate looking logo or do they want it more creative. Being tanning, they are probly gearing it towards younger adults, which means the logo should attract to this kind of person mostly. Keep trying, you'll get it.

bones

LOL I googled the snot out of tanning logos and what not, I found nothing that made me say wow.

I know the name could use some work and so could everything that the lady is wanting in her choices of themes and colors. She wants a Bahama Breeze feel with colors being pinks, coral blues, lime greens you know the tropical colors...

Can you guess the font she picked??

Attachments

• BB_logo_032406.jpg
    BB_logo_032406.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 95
  • E32010GoldenSun1.png
    E32010GoldenSun1.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Colorful Houses, Bahamas.jpg
    Colorful Houses, Bahamas.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 76
  • fonts.jpg
    fonts.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 104

Jillbeans

I never let a client see that many typefaces.
I try to get a feel for what they want then I choose up to three nice fonts for them to peruse.
With what you have so far, it's kind of unappealing and ghetto looking.
But maybe that's what she wants, sounds like she's stuck in the 90s.
:)
Love....Jill

Jillbeans

Here's a quick idea with a couple-a color variations.
Probably nothing like what she's looking for.
:covereyes:
Mine looks more like a sign than a logo tho.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 107

signmeup

Hey look... now it's a logo.
Would look cool/unique in stained glass.

Attachments

• Sunnys.jpg
    Sunnys.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 97

JR's

Shovel narrowed it down for you. The feel and look of ( tropical, casual, and feminine). When I am having a hard time getting the feel of a logo, and I can't find anything on Google. What I will do is take a trip to Wal-Mart and look at suntan lotion. Or summer mags get a feel for that type of logo.

Jill, I love that letter style (Wade Dynamic??) and sign me up. Your letter style looks similar. It is cool to. What is the name of those two fonts.

JR

Jillbeans

Mine was indeed Wade Dynamic.
Arthur Vanson's fonts are always my "go-to" choices.
:)
I think Adrian's might be A&S Truckin', another fave.

Pat Whatley

If I could make a suggestion that might help you in the future.....those 24 fonts you showed ALL need to be deleted from your system.

Jillbeans

Another one of Arthur's fonts, Opening Night.
(trying to avoid a job I don't want to do today)
The "sun" on this one makes my eyes vibrate though...not good.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 96