• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Super lucky today!

tulsagraphics

Today I had a "same day" rush order for (9) double-sided banners. Wasn't sure if I had enough material in stock or not, but I knew it was gonna be super close. Ended up having 1" to spare... just barely enough for the pinch rollers to hang onto. Talk about a relief! Whew!

Attachments

• chrome_j15COGVSy3.jpg
    chrome_j15COGVSy3.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 210

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Today I had a "same day" rush order for (9) double-sided banners. Wasn't sure if I had enough material in stock or not, but I knew it was gonna be super close. Ended up having 1" to spare... just barely enough for the pinch rollers to hang onto. Talk about a relief! Whew!
Nice

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I had one of the operators send me a photo the other day of a lam job. The laminate ran out EXACTLY the same time as the roll finished and they lined up perfectly.

He says he’s putting the photo on his CV

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
One thing I miss about our old Roland printer....being able to print on 'just enough' material. Can't do that on the HP Latex. Even if I think I have plenty left, the printer has a different opinion, and seems to require an extra 3 yards at the end.....and if it's still attached to the core? Game Over.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
These are the little celebrations that make sign shop techs happy haha! We take bets on comparing print media to how much laminate is left on the roll, pretty satisfying when the laminate pops off the core and has just enough to finish.

tulsagraphics

One thing I miss about our old Roland printer....being able to print on 'just enough' material. Can't do that on the HP Latex. Even if I think I have plenty left, the printer has a different opinion, and seems to require an extra 3 yards at the end.....and if it's still attached to the core? Game Over.
I was looking into getting an HP, but heard about issues with media usage. Most of my jobs are small/random, so it wouldn't be ideal for me. ~3 yards at the end? Yikes!

I still run a Mutoh 1614 (purchased in 2008), and this machine is such a workhorse. Still looks/runs like brand new. I've only replaced (1) printhead, (1) maintenance station, (1) CR motor and (2) sets of dampers in 12 years. Pretty awesome. My next printer will probably be the S80600 for better color matching (e.g., OSU orange)

However, the rear media sensor wasn't reliable (maybe a half dozen false triggers in the first year), so I just put a piece of tape over it and called it good (knowing I'd have to keep a close eye on actual media use from time to time). It's rarely a problem, but last week I had to print close to (2) full rolls of 54" vinyl for a 1 day rush turnaround (in a one man sign shop) for a bunch of yard signs (mostly double-sided 4' x 4' x 10mm coro, and a few small sticker jobs). Thankfully I have a Fotoba DreamCut and RollsRoller so I can knock those out really fast.... Just don't assume that your vinyl "actually" has 50 yards on the roll. I ran 2 rolls back-to-back -- and I "think" one (or both) of my rolls were a little short. So I came in the next day to discover this. Whoops!

Attachments

• chrome_vQxFrCbwnK.jpg
    chrome_vQxFrCbwnK.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 107

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I was looking into getting an HP, but heard about issues with media usage. Most of my jobs are small/random, so it wouldn't be ideal for me. ~3 yards at the end? Yikes!
Well, it spools out that much to finish curing the ink, then feeds it back to the end of the print....so if you have only a foot left, and it tries to run it out to cure, then it will either a) jam up if attached to the core or b) if unattached, pop up an error that it has become detached, and may or may not finish with the curing process.

tulsagraphics

Well, it spools out that much to finish curing the ink, then feeds it back to the end of the print....so if you have only a foot left, and it tries to run it out to cure, then it will either a) jam up if attached to the core or b) if unattached, pop up an error that it has become detached, and may or may not finish with the curing process.
Interesting!