• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suppliers Who Do Slitting

SignosaurusRex

What type of vinyl media are you talking about? Most manufacturers will slit any media for a fee through your local distributor and even mask it if need be. Local Grimco here says they will slit rolls of digital media to needed width. Of course you are gonna buy the base roll and pay a fee for slitting.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We aren't a supplier, but we have our own slitter here.
The only local supplier I know of with a slitter is Schaaf in Cincinnati.

Joel golden

We have one guy I've found in Louisville... $15 for the first cut, $5 each after that! Last time I needed this done on an ongoing project my supplier charged $1 a cut... so now I've re-engineered a table top pull through slitter and really want to design an inexpensive roll slitter... I've got manufacturing friends who would love for me to launch another product, just not sure on the market for a sub $300 slitter.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have one guy I've found in Louisville... $15 for the first cut, $5 each after that! Last time I needed this done on an ongoing project my supplier charged $1 a cut... so now I've re-engineered a table top pull through slitter and really want to design an inexpensive roll slitter... I've got manufacturing friends who would love for me to launch another product, just not sure on the market for a sub $300 slitter.
Sounds cheap enough. it has to be worth your while to turn your machines on. The training/space/electrical/HVAC doesn't pay for itself, neither does a $5000 slitter.
I can't see how you could produce a reliable machine at that price point, the blades alone are $$$.

Joel golden

Sounds cheap enough. it has to be worth your while to turn your machines on. The training/space/electrical/HVAC doesn't pay for itself, neither does a $5000 slitter.
I can't see how you could produce a reliable machine at that price point, the blades alone are $$$.
Just had a preliminary estimated cost on a hand cranked machine that would retail for $5-600 and that's US made...it's good to have friends in the engineering and manufacturing fields. Not sure on the market at that price and if it is motor driven I'm assuming it would be at the $1000 mark....and I think there are some out there in that price point.

I'm a grad student and an installer/wrapper. We've had quite a few jobs that have come through where it would have been nice to not have to hand cut 16' strips in odd sizes.

TDFcustomSL

Just had a preliminary estimated cost on a hand cranked machine that would retail for $5-600 and that's US made...it's good to have friends in the engineering and manufacturing fields. Not sure on the market at that price and if it is motor driven I'm assuming it would be at the $1000 mark....and I think there are some out there in that price point.

I'm a grad student and an installer/wrapper. We've had quite a few jobs that have come through where it would have been nice to not have to hand cut 16' strips in odd sizes.

I would have to see it work, and need details of course but I would be interested for sure.