• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sure Cuts a Lot 3D Extrude

I have been working with the 3D extrude feature in Sure Cuts a Lot to create traditional shadows for fire apparatus lettering. The problem is, the 3D extrude function blacks out the inside of all closed letters instead of applying the effect there also. I have tried everything from breaking the text apart to putting a normal shadow around the text first and then extruding, but no matter what the insides of the closed letters are still black. Does anyone know how to fix this???

SMUDesigns

I have been working with the 3D extrude feature in Sure Cuts a Lot to create traditional shadows for fire apparatus lettering. The problem is, the 3D extrude function blacks out the inside of all closed letters instead of applying the effect there also. I have tried everything from breaking the text apart to putting a normal shadow around the text first and then extruding, but no matter what the insides of the closed letters are still black. Does anyone know how to fix this???

I know this is an old post but just ran into this same problem yesterday. It is an update issue that started with version 3.059. Updated today to v. 3.080 and this problem is fixed. Hope this can potentially help someone since there is no other information about this online. This is for SCAL Pro 3.