• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sure! We can get you vector art.

Pat Whatley

Customer called, asked for all kinds of specs. He's having 8' x 40' banners printed and he was worried about the resolution and file sizes if he did them in Photoshop. Asked if it was something he could do in vector art and he jumped right on that idea.

Got the files today. Keep in mind that the birds on the left are going to be about 16" tall.

Autotrace is not your friend.

Attachments

• 1112.jpg
    1112.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 63
  • 11122.jpg
    11122.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 58

heyskull

Yes it is so difficult to make customers understand high resolution raster and even harder to understand what vector is.

C

ColoPrinthead

Wait, you mean you aren't going to re-create using gradient mesh in AI for $65?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Lol.... I guess with the size, as long as the distance will always be very far it will not be too bad. :covereyes:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
They must not have used the right autotrace program - some swear the result is flawless on their stuff......

wayne k
guam usa

Xcesiv

lol... i laughed as soon as i saw the heading.

I had a customer a few weeks back come in with a flier for a local night club event. He was trying to impress the night club owner so he could hopefully be a club promoter. Brought it in to get a few stickers made up to match the flier.

I explained that it will be a costly process to recreate the design from the flier, but if he was able to provide me the Printable artwork used for the flier in a high resolution PDF or EPS file i should be able to extract the design he wanted from the received artwork and make it into a sticker.

he said, "easy....I'll get it to you as soon as he gets home"

30 min later I get an email of a 8MB PDF with the comments "too easy.... how quick can you have the sticker made..... Can i pick it up in an hour?".
I open the file and see that he has just scanned scanned the flier into Photoshop (or similar), then re sized it even larger and saved it as a PDF.

i was speechless