• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surecolor P10000, 20000

D3D

Love to hear anyone with either of these weigh in on their purchase. I am looking to upgrade from my 9880 and in addition to the significant speed improvement I am hoping to see that the newest generation has improved on clogging and cleaning issues. As it is right now, especially in cold weather when the humidity goes down, I have to do a cleaning between every other job to restore dropped nozzles.

Beyond that curious how users find the media handling on these printers and any other observations.

Anybody got one?

dypinc

As it is right now, especially in cold weather when the humidity goes down, I have to do a cleaning between every other job to restore dropped nozzles.

If you want to avoid these problems buy Canon Pro-2000 or Pro-4000 printers.

D3D

The piezo print heads of the Epson are preferable over the thermal printheads of HP and Canon for my industry. Unless there have been significant improvements in thermal technology in the last 5 years I am not aware of. So back to the original question . . .

dypinc

The piezo print heads of the Epson are preferable over the thermal printheads of HP and Canon for my industry. Unless there have been significant improvements in thermal technology in the last 5 years I am not aware of. So back to the original question . . .

Could you explain why Epson style heads are preferable for your industry given you statement about dropped nozzles.

I ran printers with Epson style heads for many years until we got our first Canon iPF in 2007. After the nozzle clogging experiences with Epson I am still scratching my head as to why in the hell was I running Epson printers all those years. I would be very, very reluctant to go back to that. HP heads are not as reliable as the Canon heads but the Latex printers are a breeze to run compared to the nozzle clog problems I have had with Epson style heads on the solvent and mild-solvent printers.