• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SureColor with the Graphtec and Onyx

Micheal

Hello,

When printing a section of decals long enough that causes 6 registration marks it only cuts half the sheet, it goes over four of the six reg marks cuts that section then says it cant find the next marks - is there a setting that needs to be changed in onyx? Paneling turned off in the cutter not sure if there is a setting in that for onyx

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Onyx is weird with registration marks and Graphtecs... it certainly prints them out at the intervals requested, but seems to alternate somewhat randomly between reading the outer 4, or every single one of them.
In 2 years I still haven't worked out a common pattern with how it does it.
Not being able to find the marks should be separate to this though. Usually it's slight misalignment or occasionally a dirty sensor.

Micheal

i figured that out now heres another question i get a slight bow in the cuts in the middle of the sheet but dead on near the edges is this because of only one pinch roller in the middle and excessive speed?

Last edited:

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
What speeds are you running?
I think we're on around 250mm/sec on ours and use all of the rollers (however the middle ones are only set to partial pressure).

Micheal

My cutter only has 3 wheels on it I feel like a fourth would help, I think we are around same speed