• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question SW Paint to plotter vinyl color comparison?

2B

upcoming construction project is using SW Paint colors for referencing and want plotter vinyl used that is a match to SW 7048-Urbane Bronze

have already crossed referenced the RGB color code, so if there is a way to cross reference plotter vinyl to RGB will also work.

Would prefer 3M, but can use another brand if there is a good match

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Flexi had an option where you could search your palettes (vinyl, paint, PMS, etc) to find matches based on whatever parameters you put in (CMYK, RGB, whatever). Try that if you have Flexi, maybe? Been a while since I had to do that.

2B

the SW website has the RGB color code, which is 84; 80; 74.

What we are trying to do a find a plotter vinyl that is this color, the end user is NOT wanting printed material, they want a solid colored material
When we go through the 3M, Oracal, Avery, etc. books we have there is no close reference code.

we need to match the paint color without ordering a custom made colored vinyl

d fleming

Your best bet is to get a paint sample and to start diggin thru swatch books for vinyl. Just did a job that we tried to match digital print to paint using sw rgb formula. Nightmare.

iraney

they should of matched the paint to a plotter vinyl doing the way they want now is almost impossible.

2B

UPDATE:

this color is offered by 3M
Series 3630 - color code 069

Thank you for the assistance

MikePro

-069 duranodic? interesting... that paint color looks "greener"
have had great experiences with painting vinyl fields & plotter-cutting, if match needs to be exact.

2B

will remember the option for painting and then cutting when a true match is needed.

in this case, this a remodel project as such we were able get our hands on an existing sign and the vinyl being used is the 3630 - color code 069.
they want the signs to match the existing more importantly than the specs