• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Switched from 10.0 to 10.5, now colors don't reproduce right with same profiles??

meltsner

Long story short, I upgraded to 10.5 from 10.0 (sign-pro). Rather than redownload and customize the printer/icc profiles, I just copied and pasted from the old 10.0 folder (under Windows' Program Files) into the new 10.5 folder.......I did it for the .icc profiles and my predefined saved media profiles.

Now when I print to the Mutoh, colors are WAY off. I have not played a whole bunch with it beings it's just a very part-time venture, but before I could select any PMS color and it would print very accurately. It now prints way off, using the same profiles as before. I did a [PMS] darker royal blue tonight and it came out as dark navy. I changed several settings, including color correction on/off (always has been on.....off leaves awful unaccepatble streaking) and a few others. I *think*, from memory, all the settings are still the same for each profile. I still have 10.0 installed but can't "access" it cause the key is no longer valid for it. Cannot figure out, does anybody know what might be going on??? Thanks.

meltsner

Figured it out....

For any future searchers............
Think I figured it out, appears that the cyan in the Valuejet started running out before it warned me. Lol First time it's done that, it actually eventually ran completely out before the printer even stopped printing for it. Just happened to be at the perfect time as I was switching Flexi versions. It now prints as it had (or at least close).
:cool1: