• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Table shear cutter for metals and plastics

EZ Ink

Have a gravograph M 40 DV and want to start engraving for plaques and awards. Have review both Johnson Plastics and JDS companies supplies and products, and was interested in buying a cutter (they list at $435.00) for my shop? Is this a good idea? Thanks.

Glenn Combs
EZ Ink Promotions
Brentwood, CA 94513

amw

Longtime Members
Have a gravograph M 40 DV and want to start engraving for plaques and awards. Have review both Johnson Plastics and JDS companies supplies and products, and was interested in buying a cutter (they list at $435.00) for my shop? Is this a good idea? Thanks.

Glenn Combs
EZ Ink Promotions
Brentwood, CA 94513

We use these 2001 and have been very happy with them.

bigben

It depend how many unit you plan to cut, but I use a regular 25in paper trimmer that is probably older than me and it work perfectly. One of the best 50$ tool I've purchased.

CanuckSigns

we had a number of cheap second hand shears over the years, always had issues with not cutting square, inaccurate cuts etc. We bit the bullet and bought this 3001

it's been amazing, paid for itself multiple times over.

EZ Ink

It depend how many unit you plan to cut, but I use a regular 25in paper trimmer that is probably older than me and it work perfectly. One of the best 50$ tool I've purchased.
Big Ben: I have an old Monrach Gullitone 12" paper cutter and tried it, and appears to cut well. What thickness do you recommend and what type of materials could I cut with. Also when cutting it appears to curve the material but only slightly. Thanks.

Glenn Combs
EZ Ink Promotions
Brentwood, CA

bigben

Big Ben: I have an old Monrach Gullitone 12" paper cutter and tried it, and appears to cut well. What thickness do you recommend and what type of materials could I cut with. Also when cutting it appears to curve the material but only slightly. Thanks.

I've never tried to cut aluminum thicker than 0.040 and ACM over 3mm. For the banding, flip the part over and slide a metal tube on the edge. It will go back into it's place. Like I said, it's not the perfect cutter for this, but I only cut those kind of products in small part one or twice a week and not in large quantity.