• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tacky paper for rotary heat press (calender) or not?

p_vassilis

Hello all,

would you reccomend to use tacky paper with a rotary heat press? From what I understand it is meant for flat presses to anoid ghosting mostly but what is the case when it comes to sublimate elastic textiles? Wouldn't it help to avoid, wrinkles for example, on a rotary heat press also?

thank you in advance

Vassilis P.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Reach out to BestBlanks.com which is a merchant member on Signs101. We have a 126" rotary heat press and use sublimation paper running between Direct Printed fabric to heat set the print, but it's not tacky. BestBlanks could probably advise you though.

SubliTWILL

Hello all,

would you reccomend to use tacky paper with a rotary heat press? From what I understand it is meant for flat presses to anoid ghosting mostly but what is the case when it comes to sublimate elastic textiles? Wouldn't it help to avoid, wrinkles for example, on a rotary heat press also?

thank you in advance

Vassilis P.
Using SIHL Sport Tacky 90 here, best paper I've used in my 9 years of business. I run it on my rotary and flat presses. I prefer buying one type of paper and having the safety net of tacky when running on the rotary. #noghosting #nowrinkles

eastyltd

Generally, there's no need to use sticky paper for rotary heat press, and you can use for roll to piece production to make sure exact transfer.

For elastic fabric, we usually advise our client to add an electric feeding device