• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Take-up reel and cure time

ssignshop

I am using the Roland large Format XR640 printer with take-up reel. I'm a bit ashamed to admit I've had the printer for some time and are just now using the take-up reel for the first time out of necessity. I'm wondering about the cure time of my print though. With all the recommended 12 - 24hr dry time talk I have been very aware of making sure the prints properly dry before they get laminated. The heater is of course on during the printing but I'm concerned that because the print gets rolled right back up on the take-up reel will it still be able to cure properly? Do I have to take it off the take-up reel sleeve for it to dry before its laminated? This is a large wrap job I'm printing in (2) 60ft runs rather than breaking it apart in more.

graphix45

Most jobs we do that require using the take up reel are removed after printing and laid out on our work table to out gas over night. If we have several jobs printed we stand them up wrapped around the core vertical and make sure they are loosely wrapped so that they can still out gas.