• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Take-up Reel Flange

jsalda

Bought a used take-up reel for my VP-540v. I believe the system came off a 60" Mutoh, my Roland tech cut the bar down and got everything mounted for me, he said it's the exact same system as the Roland. However, the flanges are not for a 3" core and we've just wrapped tape around them to make them fit, but my OCD wants flanges that fit correctly, no modification needed. Anybody know where to purchase some?

Attachments

• IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 363

petepaz

sorry if this sounds dumb but did you check with your tech or roland?
if it's the same system maybe you can just buy that part and install it

jsalda

sorry if this sounds dumb but did you check with your tech or roland?
if it's the same system maybe you can just buy that part and install it
Yea, I did, he didn't seem to know. I would contact Roland, if I knew who exactly to contact. Maybe I should just post in the Mutoh forums?

rjssigns

Find a machine shop and have them make aluminum bushings. They can make them with a press fit so you don't have to mess with glue or mechanical fasteners.

NateF

Not exactly relevant here, but I'll post anyhow. When we bought our printer, I started with a ReelPro takeup reel. Every year or so the plastic teeth on the drive wheel would wear down from friction on the inside of the cores; I'd have to buy a new wheel to the tune of $30-$40 bucks. This system was also cumbersome to use and never seemed to fasten securely to the printer.
I finally gave up and bought one of the $150 ebay chinese-made takeup systems. This one mounts on the bottom leg of the printer (much more secure) and has steel teeth for gripping cores. Other than the motor being a little noisy, I couldn't be happier with it.

player

Not exactly relevant here, but I'll post anyhow. When we bought our printer, I started with a ReelPro takeup reel. Every year or so the plastic teeth on the drive wheel would wear down from friction on the inside of the cores; I'd have to buy a new wheel to the tune of $30-$40 bucks. This system was also cumbersome to use and never seemed to fasten securely to the printer.
I finally gave up and bought one of the $150 ebay chinese-made takeup systems. This one mounts on the bottom leg of the printer (much more secure) and has steel teeth for gripping cores. Other than the motor being a little noisy, I couldn't be happier with it.
Do you have a link or a pic to your take-up reel?