• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Take-Up Reel - Oki Color Painter M64s

Cody Cruea

I own a Color Painter M64s printer (2018 model) and I need some advice on the take up reel. I'm printing some high density prints on backlit banner material, so the print by the time it gets to the take up reel is wet still, causing some sticking. I don't know too much about the heat setting, but I do have it set to an adjustment that allows the print to be slower for a backlit print.

Is there any way to set the take up reel to take up alittle less tightly?
or slower?

C5 Service&Repair

heavy black coverage is always tricky. You should switch the TUR setting for your media in CPM to loose instead of tension.
Then typically I will just put a window fan or any fan in front of the take up to blow on the vinyl before it gets wound up.

ikarasu

You can print slower, or use a fan. We usually threw a fan infront and it'd be dry by the time it got to the take up reel. It's the easiest / cheapest solution...

We used the h274. But it allowed you to turn up the heat to help dry also - can you not turn up the heat in the front platen? It might help a bit.