• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Take up roll?

Lea Marc

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a kind of take up roll that is available for Graphtec? We have an FC8000-130 and sometimes run large rolls through with many pieces for vehicle wraps which need to stay on the roll for premising etc but it is too much to sit in the bag and drop on the floor. Are there any options out there to load an empty core and roll up what is plotted thus keeping it all on one roll at the end? Manual loading is fine but something like the preloading rollers and a stand or something like that. Aftermarket companies?

Thanks in advance, Steve

Lea Marc

$700US for the base unit plus a Graphtec bracket, are there any more 'manual' options out there which would essentially do the same job?

Joe House

Seems like the problem with a take up on a plotter is the long runs back and forth, especially on vehicle jobs. How does the take up go backwards in coordination with the plotter?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lea Marc

We run pieces 10' max so if I could have the take up rolled up and allow that 10' to swing back and forth that would be fine, then I could take it up afterwards and allow the next piece to move forwards/backwards if that makes sense? If there was any kind of electronic take up like the ReelPro then it wouldn't be set to auto.

papabud

Lone Wolf
10'? my average print is more than that and i usually have many of them jobs on the roll to be cut at a time. a take up roll would only get in my way

Lea Marc

What's the longest you usually print and plot with registration marks? We have issues with tracking on our plotter with long pieces as the media can walk off alignment even if loaded straight. So you just let it drop to the floor or the bag and roll back up at the end if they are to be pre-masked as a roll?

papabud

Lone Wolf
i can safely cut 20' lengths of 30 inch vinyl and i try to keep my 54" printed material to 15' or less. if its reflective i try to keep it around 10'.
nothing is premasked. when i am cutting 30" i normally only use the first 2 pinch rollers. every now and then you have to babysit a job but they always cut just fine.
are you trying to cut to fast? the speed for my 30" is normally around 60 and about 20 or 30 for 54" printed.
make sure your pinch rollers are clean and set to the correct even pressure.
i use the graphtec 8000-130