• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Taking Wraps to its limits.

LindyM

PLEASE KEEP YOUR COPYRIGHT COMMENTS TO YOURSELF.

This s a friends Honda Valve Cover.
Printed on Avery 1005EZ
Prepped with 3M Solvent cleaner, then Primer 94.
Edges will be sealed with black nail polish after a couple of days of.
I'm not concerned about the heat since Caliper decals hold very well, However Oil getting under the vinyl is.
2 copies were needed to make it looks seamless, one for the cover cover and another for the spark plug cover.
Background image was chosen from Istock.

DSC04738.jpg

speedmedia

Seriously??? Man that is BA. Love it. It is pretty neat to see someone that is willing to try things out like this.

I often wondered about caliper graphics as well. Seems like you could do some neat stuff just as long as the heat didn't kill it.

Being in Michigan with our crap weather and elements I never dare to try anything like this. Maybe I need to find a buddy with a warm weather show car and just play!

I hope you got permission to use those images...... j/k! :Oops:

Thanks,
Kurt

cptcorn

adad
There is a better method for this... I'm trying to find info for you.

SICK! Was the valve cover sandblasted first...? I know I've always wanted to do something with mine (LS-Vtec) but was too lazy to get it blasted.
YES!

I had a B20VTEC in my 92 cx hatch... 12.5:1 comp... 212whp street tuned never got it dyno tuned....

ProWraps

would look great on a wall as an example. i have serious doubts about it lasting in an engine environment though.

LindyM

Black nail polish?
yes...black to blend in with the print.

bahahhahha..dude. come now. It will not last very long. a for effort..
f for lack common sense
Interesting, I guess all the other wrapped items I've sealed the edges with nail polish and has lasted for years is my imagination.
I've used this for marine and automotive applications where some kind of solvent or water getting under the vinyl is a concern.

Ill give you an A for being an Azzhole and and F for trying to seem smarter than you really are.

OADesign

Gives me some ideas... I was just about to paint my calipers. hmmm.

But nice work. Keep us posted on how wel lit holds up.
I would use some thing other than nail to seal the edges. The polish will ignite at some point (beleeeeeeeve me).

3dsignco

Looks cool.

I will be curious to see how the wrap materials hold also. And really no so much the vinyl as we have put a lot cut vinyl on Valvecovers with no problem but if the heat will break down the ink.. And if the laminate will separate.

DaveM

Looks great. I wanted to wrap some carbon fiber di-noc to detail some areas in my engine compartment in my Magnum but always thought the heat would kill the adhesion eventually. Would sealing the edges help prevent anything going underneath it to cause problems? Thanks.