• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Talk me off the edge...in your sweetest Corel voice. (Windshield Graphic)

Tony Rome

OK so I just had a crazy week, almost see the light at the end of the tunnel, but now I am so tired that even small jobs are stressing me out.
So here is my last one for the weekend (sort of).
It is pertaining to a windshield graphic, text accross the top.
No, I do not need to know how to figure out the arc, it is .75" what i do need REALLY BAD, is to know AFTER I have ALREADY converted to curves in Corel (so I can't use fit text to path) how do I make the whole word (a website) curve .75" in the middle.
I know how to use Envelope but that doesn't keep the text all the same size it shortens where you dip.

Please tell me there is an easy answer.
If it is easier in AI I will save it as a vector (still curves not text) and do it in there.

Help a brother out.
Gracias!

I

JohnBFryJr

I would retype the text then fit to path. The only way to do it that I know once it converted is the envelope tool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Corel is the coolest ever! There are things that Corel does, that I never could have imagined.... you just have to keep on keeping on!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you use the envelope tool in single arc mode - hold the control key when you drag the node down to make the arc.
That will pull both the center nodes of the envelope down and keep the letters the same height.
(Set a guide line .75" down to snap the node on top of.)
The letters will distort a little as it is not a true arcing of the text but if you can't just re-type the text and put it on an arcing path this is one way to get it done.

wayne k
guam usa

myront

CorelDRAW is best
you can also set your nudge to .75. The with the shape tool click once on the middle of the top line then hit the down arrow on the keyboard. Do the same for the bottom line.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
usually end up installing this way (see attached)

Attachments

• curved install.PNG
    curved install.PNG
    20.9 KB · Views: 341

Cynosure

Flexi used to have a great distortion tool for this as well, but it was removed in oone of the last upgrades. I miss that one...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The curve to which the OP refers most likely is a cantenary and not an arc. Not that it matters all that much. but it's always helpful to know what you're dealing with.

Regardless, Corel's envelope tool is robust enough to deal with most any distortion needed to match a windshield curve. If you are sufficiently adept at using it.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
As we know, nothing explains it better than graphics and visual communications. Drew this for you gentlemen this morning.

Attachments

• text distortion.pdf
    38.9 KB · Views: 264