• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tapped out

Colin

I got nothin' on WFI, FMF and WTF. Sample is a little rough, but the bones are there.

Attachments

• font.jpg
    font.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 201

SignosaurusRex

I got nothin' on WFI, FMF and WTF. Sample is a little rough, but the bones are there.

Colin, your samples always appear to be something poorly traced from a bitmap. If so, just post a pic of the original bitmap itself and let those with an eye do the separation magic. Your posts for font I.D. are running about 2% return. Note: "The definition of Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results at some point". Beyond that, what you have there appears to be the product of an orgy involving Souvenir, Sancoale, Square Slab 711, Regan Slab, Museo, Officina Serif and Fago Office .....gone horribly wrong.

Last edited:

Colin

Colin, your samples always appear to be something poorly traced from a bitmap.

Not always, just sometimes, when I deem it a better way to display the original sample.

Your posts for font I.D. are running about 2% return.

Could that be because I've already run them through a rather vigorous ID process before posting them here, and that in the end, they are not actually fonts at all?

Note: "The definition of Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results at some point".

The insanity charge is a tad brash I'd say.

Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

Not always, just sometimes, when I deem it a better way to display the original sample.

Could that be because I've already run them through a rather vigorous ID process, and they are not actually fonts at all?

The insanity charge is a tad brash I'd say.

Well, The proof is in the pudding!
One has to ask themselves... "How does one guy consistently come up with so many samples that don't return a good match"? With all due respect, your judgement of the best way to display the original sample, is simply that in itself. Yes, some may not be fonts at all, but without the original image, there is no way of determining a base origin font or typeface of inspiration/direction.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
D
That's real funny Colin ... a fuzzy jpeg of your traced image. :confused:
Doesn't look like a fuzzy jpeg because there are differences. The jpeg has straighter parts that aren't there in the original picture. Not that it helps, because I have absolutely no idea what the font is, but it definitely looks like a font.

Colin

That's real funny Colin ... a fuzzy jpeg of your traced image. :confused:

Sorry, yet another false claim. This is what I had to work with.
Why are you so bitter and argumentative on this? This is just a simple ID request. I've given you what you demanded, and you still aren't happy. Geesh.

SignosaurusRex

Sorry, yet another false claim. This is what I had to work with.
Why are you so bitter and argumentative on this? This is just a simple ID request. I've given you what you demanded, and you still aren't happy. Geesh.

My apologies Colin. I was in a rare moment last night and I think my temporary meds kicked in early and hard.
Been out of town all day and not able to respond until now. Your posting of the original is indeed far better than the traced version.
With that said, I believe that posting an original is better and may result in more I.D.'s that you seek. How in the world is it that you come up with so many that cannot be I.D.'d? Gotta be frustrating to say the least.
Again, I apologize for the loopy responses I gave you and being off base. I hope I can be of more help with your future requests.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While I wholeheartedly agree with S'Rex's early assessments..... did anyone ever identify this font ??

Colin

While I wholeheartedly agree with S'Rex's early assessments..... did anyone ever identify this font ??

Yes folks, Gino (the forum's perennial, abrasive jackass) is not attempting a jab here, he's genuinely interested in what font this is.

How transparently pathetic.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes folks, Gino (the forum's perennial, abrasive jackass) is not attempting a jab here, he's genuinely interested in what font this is.

How transparently pathetic.

Even though this is your thread looking for yet another font, which is almost unidentifiable..... you are the one who's been on the attack throughout your entire thread..... and against one of the forums TOP font identifiers. Yet, you call me out ?? What a wad................

Johnny Best

I could care less about the font's name, I want to know the name of the meds SignosaurusRex has been taking, or is that to transparently pathetic.