• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tattoo Shop Sign

cnc602

199827_1930515265120_1309399247_32297969_5304077_n.jpg Offsite pic replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

What do you all think of my Black Ink Tattoo Shop Custom Sign?
Made it on a Vision 2550 CNC Router
I put myself in there to reference size.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePro

i like that layout... our production pix are pretty much finished installation pictures, but to have the whole process-i-one photo is pretty cool!

Picture 5.jpg Picture 6.jpg Picture 7.jpg

J

john1

Nice! Shops around here for some reason have horrible signage. We have some using banners strictly, then on another side of the building 2 4x8' sheets of coro that they airbrushed graphics on. Hell some even have sharpie signs they made themselves.

It's nice to see some people doing great work for these shops because ones around here don't want to put any money out at all.

Craig Sjoquist

CNC602 I like the purple octopus and the white and black background. looks cool indeed.

Bu he copy even though sans serif font is probably best it looks like I'm reading a book, not a tattoo shop, I like what you have done looks way cool , but still the tattoo shop is just not getting it. ... excuse but tattoo shops really should look like it not just some retail store.

Skin Pro same for yours nice design / layout and finished product on both looks outstanding, but to me just another retail store ...NOT a tattoo shop, if I were looking for a tattoo shop and saw this place, most likely would keep on trucking.

SignManiac

I like the concept and production but don't like the choice of font. Too corporate looking a letter style for a tattoo place. The name needs a more artistic decorative font IMO...

But.... nice you stepped it up!

MikePro

our exterior sign for Skin Candy was limited in production to specs not only by the city, but mostly the shopping center it was located in... sadly.

Always cool to try and throw some bells and whistles in the design, but when they require all the storefronts to look the same and only have red/white faces... we were backed into a corner and had to make due the best we could :)

p.s. sorry to pirate the thread :) I actually never mentioned anything about cnc's sign itself... which is pretty sexy, i must say.

cnc602

CNC602 I like the purple octopus and the white and black background. looks cool indeed.

Bu he copy even though sans serif font is probably best it looks like I'm reading a book, not a tattoo shop, I like what you have done looks way cool , but still the tattoo shop is just not getting it. ... excuse but tattoo shops really should look like it not just some retail store.

Skin Pro same for yours nice design / layout and finished product on both looks outstanding, but to me just another retail store ...NOT a tattoo shop, if I were looking for a tattoo shop and saw this place, most likely would keep on trucking.

I see, so your saying the text should be diffrent more like a tattoo style text. I was more concerned of people being able to read the text. But I guess I could have done a tattoo style text and still make it readable. Great suggestion, will keep that in mind next time I design something. Thanks!

cnc602

I know the text is just a font but you can't say the Octopus doesnt catch your eye...

And what about the concept... Black Ink from the Octopus like the Black Ink from a Tattoo Needle....

And the background a classic tattoo design of the suns rays.
It was nicly inlayed in by the way...

I know the text is just a font but you can't say the Octopus doesn’t catch your eye...

And what about the concept... Black Ink from the Octopus like the Black Ink from a Tattoo Needle....

If I could do it again, I might have change the font and maybe a diffrent color for the backgroung. The Ink/ Water blends in a little being the same color black.
And the background a classic tattoo design of the sun’s rays.
You can’t tell in the pic but the rays are inlayed in...