• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help TCP Address not connecting

I have a Mutoh VJ 1204 running Wasatch RIP version 7. Started getting connection issues this week off and on. It started on Tuesday but I thought it might just be static in the air since it's been cold and dry here.
Tuesday I got a "Can not connect to TCP address Winsock error 10054".
Today I don't get the winsock error just a "Can not connect to the TCP address.
First I rebooted my computer... no change. I turned the printer off and on and now it's printing.
I'm not savvy on how to ping the connection.
Any suggestions on what could be the culprit?

Thanks in advance

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would start and double check your wires. some ethernet cables are prone to breaking. and never run a cable under your chair or around your bosses neck. those are both bad things.
do you run computer to printer or computer router printer.
i know when i was using wasatch and my 1204 it was very picky on connections. had to have a second nic in my computer just for it.
also make sure that everything is set up as a static ip and not dynamic

I run a router between the computer and the printer. I checked that cables were seated well. How do I make sure it's set up as static IP? I seem to think it is when it was originally set up. I'm just hoping nothing major is going wrong with the main board or something in my printer. Yikes!

thezigman

Sign maker near Chicago
you could also set up a DHCP reservation for the printer. That way it will always have the same IP address, but you can still use DHCP for other devices.
These settings are in your router. depending on which router you have the settings will be different, but usually found under "connections", or something like that.

unmateria

Vj1204 responds pings normally. Mine dont use dchp so i suppose its a cable problem. Try to setup your ethernet connection in your pc setup to 10mb/half dúplex instead of auto, 100 or 1000. If its a dchp problem try Fing to find every machine by arp and then do a dchp reservation for the Mac that Fings tell you

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mutohs don't support DHCP so you have to setup a static address. Make sure the IP address didn't just reset on the printer. It's common on Mutoh ValueJets for the IP to reset back to the default especially if you had a power outage recently.