• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tear away laminate?

Foghorn12

Need to do some short term (1 week) ground graphics on asphalt. Problem is they need the graphics to look new for 4 of those days. They will get very dirty everyday. the project is far to big to install new graphics every day so is there a laminate that I can use that I can put 3 layers on it so each day they can tear the top layer off and the grapihcs will look fresh?
Sorry if this isn't posted in the correct area
Thanks for any input

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Not sure thats going to be possible, I think if you used a tedlar overlam you could do a pretty good job of cleaning the surface everyday.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You couldn't use tedlar it would be to slippery, wouldn't it need to be slip resistant laminate.

Yes thats good point, what kind of dirty are we talking about? UL rated slip resistant lams I can get in the $0.20 sq.ft range so it would be pretty cheap to just do multiples if you have to.

Foghorn12

We're talking very dirty. It will get overspray from VHT spray at a race track so there will be the VHT glue, dirt, and rubber. It's going to be about a 1000-1500 sq/ft print so making multiples and reinstalling isn't an option. They need to be able to tear off a layer of laminate every night so the next day the graphic looks brand new. I've been told such a laminate exsits but have yet to find it or find anyone who knows what it is.