• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question technical training

simigliani

Hello I wanted to know where I can do technical training for roland equipment and if they are certified by roland. Thanks

netsol

i believe they only train dealers
try to establish a relationship with a roland dealer, (offer to take the undesirable calls, they can send you for training, FREE TO THEM)

have you done any of this? they can train in the specifics of roland machines, but 50 years of experience tells me, YOU CAN'T TEACH TROUBLESHOOTING SKILLS,

Jim Hill

I knew a Roland Tech who was very good at repairing Roland Printers and he was self-taught along with reading Signs 101 a lot.

Roland entered him in a worldwide competition for techs and he came in second in the world in the contest.
He told me he started off in a sign shop where the owners did not know how to repair their printers so he learned through trial and error how to change everything from heads and everything else.

He would ask me where I learned to do certain things and when I told him Signs 101 he laughed and said that is exactly what I did.

Jim