• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tell me something.....

visual800

How does Grimco, who is buying everyone out, make me wait 2 weeks to get some 3/4" pvc. How does this happen? There is nothing good that will come of this company they are getting too damn big too damn quick

Johnny Best

I had to wait about 3 weeks for 6mm Maxmetal because they were getting it from China, offloaded in CA and then trucked to the warehouses. My Grimco never has the vinyl I need, so I go to Fellers for that.
I found a local supplier for my PVC and acrylic needs and they also cut it down for a small price.

SouthEastMIsigns

I had to wait about 3 weeks for 6mm Maxmetal because they were getting it from China, offloaded in CA and then trucked to the warehouses. My Grimco never has the vinyl I need, so I go to Fellers for that.
I found a local supplier for my PVC and acrylic needs and they also cut it down for a small price.

I have never had issues getting substrates from Grimco, but I always buy bulk for the discounts, so not sure if that makes a difference on delivery time. I save about $9/sheet by purchasing 25 sheets of 6mm Maxmetal, always delivered next day.

pjfmeister

We purchase as much substrate as we can from NGlantz. We also typically buy in bulk and 95% of the time Glantz price is better than Grimco. The delivery drivers from Glantz are much more conscientious of loading and unloading trucks and not damaging the substrates. The customer service is better and they don't bother us as much as Grimco with weekly "Sales Calls"....

Bigdawg

Just Me
Grimco was our "go-to" for many years. Then they quit stocking things and the wait times were too long. I still use them for traffic signs and blanks, but we switched to NGlantz for our other sign supply needs. Even if they don't have it in stock, it's generally only a day or two to get into our branch instead of the 1-2 weeks it takes Grimco.

SignTeam.us

Grimco was our "go-to" for many years. Then they quit stocking things and the wait times were too long. I still use them for traffic signs and blanks, but we switched to NGlantz for our other sign supply needs. Even if they don't have it in stock, it's generally only a day or two to get into our branch instead of the 1-2 weeks it takes Grimco.

Grimco was also our to go for years but like you said they quit stocking things and prices going up.

visual800

we can get PVC locally but it is not good stuff and routes like crap. We are having to get away from it. the PVC after routing had the damn texture of sandblasting. I miss the PVC back 12 years ago it was high quality stuff

Dan360

Grimco in Canada just changed to a new website with basically nothing on it. So everyone has to phone in their orders, you're on hold for 20-60 minutes. On top of that I just waited over a month for a 10 yard roll of vinyl.

CanuckSigns

Grimco in Canada just changed to a new website with basically nothing on it. So everyone has to phone in their orders, you're on hold for 20-60 minutes. On top of that I just waited over a month for a 10 yard roll of vinyl.

I noticed that today, every single item I looked at was out of stock, I assumed it was a bug with the new site, but lately their stock levels do leave much to be desired.

ikarasu

Shoot your rep an E-mail. 99% of the stuff we order is via E-mail. Their website stock isn't correct - It even says theyre OOS on 3M 180. I like the layout of the new site... But I do have issues with their stock now, And some of their prices are...completely out of whack? Unless $4200 for a roll of 180 is "normal".

1,310.79 / ROLL For a roll of 8518... $800 for 8519.... Unless my pricing is just out of whack. Inks and stuff which are in stock have the correct pricing though... so I imagine they placed really high placeholders on stuff they haven't officially added yet.

Not a smart way to launch a new website though...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    289.7 KB · Views: 174