• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tender Sites for job picking/bidding?

DreamImageMark

Hello Hello fellow signies :)

I have seen and heard of these sites for bidding on jobs, but I have only found one, and it has very few jobs on it to bid on...

Does anyone else use these "bidding" methods to get big/corporate/national type jobs?

Any ideas would be awesome... thanks guys and gals.

Biker Scout

Design Work, Signage and Creativity aren't commodities to be sold to the lowest bidder. You sell based on experience in the field, competency in materials application and equipment usage, turn-around/time to market/install.

Hire yourself a real salesman who is motivated to make money and knows how to navigate the corporate world. And be prepared to deliver on whatever he promises the prospective client. (obviously the salesman has to know your capabilities and the industry as a whole)

DreamImageMark

Very good advise indeed, and thank you for that.

But I have heard of these mercenary sites that companies doing work in different cities can put tenders up for that city and area and get bids to get the job... usually an install only or sometimes print only... even rarer is both...

I know they are out there somewhere

CanuckSigns

we used biddingo for a year, biggest waste of time i've ever seen!
it's great for customers looking to get the absolute lowest price, but for an industry like signage where there is a huge "custom" element to it, forget about it!

most of the time you are bidding against at least 100 other shops from all over the country (some clients will accept bids from the whole country in order to get the lowest price) the client will only look at the final price.
I've spoken to a few other sign shops in our area that used it and they all have exactly the same thoughts as I do.

DreamImageMark

we used biddingo for a year, biggest waste of time i've ever seen!
it's great for customers looking to get the absolute lowest price, but for an industry like signage where there is a huge "custom" element to it, forget about it!

most of the time you are bidding against at least 100 other shops from all over the country (some clients will accept bids from the whole country in order to get the lowest price) the client will only look at the final price.
I've spoken to a few other sign shops in our area that used it and they all have exactly the same thoughts as I do.

Ok ok... Very good to know... The one I was using seemed like a big waste of time as well, and I thought I just might be missing something... But maybe I am not

Biker Scout

What do you call a person or a group of people who work really hard, and in the end have nothing to show for their efforts?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've seen those web sites from another perspective (contract manufacturing), and to be honest...they're all "dog-eat-dog". If you enjoy that type of business model (and the associated stress) then go for it. But be well advised that you'll most likely be competing with every "good ol' boys" club out there.

In certain markets, relational selling will get you far more mileage than transactional selling...but you just gotta pay your dues first. That's the part everybody wants to skip.

JB