• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tension Roller Marks on Banner

cg2006

Hello everyone. Hopefully someone can assist me with this issue. Every time I run scrim banner, I'm receiving these tension roller marks that stay in the banner no matter the application. It's definitely not the manufacturer's fault because it happens on several different rolls. Is this a tension issue with my rollers? It doesn't seem to be the pinch rollers. It seems to be from the rollers underneath them. I would appreciate any help in this matter. Perhaps someone knows how I can adjust them. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20170927_152150 (3).jpg
    20170927_152150 (3).jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 218

cg2006

I'm at the recommended settings for scrim banner 221F. I've adjusted down to 200F the lowest and still seem to get them. How much lower can you technically go with scrim? :confused:

Last edited:

cg2006

We use Grimco's KeyBlockout and BeBanner products if anyone has recommendations on curing temp. We are looking to replace Key though with DSS from Ultraflex.

We use Grimco's KeyBlockout and BeBanner products if anyone has recommendations on curing temp. We are looking to replace Key though with DSS from Ultraflex.

What kind of printer are you using? We run key banner on our eco-solvent Mimaki printer with heat settings ate around 100 degrees F at the platten and around 115 degrees F on the post heat.

TimToad

200? Does latex need that much heat?

We're running an older Roland VP-540 and even at 102 and 106 on our heat, it still leaves an indentation, so we don't use the rollers anywhere they might run through the image. Its the thickness and springiness of the material combined with the pressure being applied.

papabud

Lone Wolf
not sure it would help but you could try hitting it with a heat gun to relax the material back to its original form

Gino

Premium Subscriber
200? Does latex need that much heat?

We're running an older Roland VP-540 and even at 102 and 106 on our heat, it still leaves an indentation, so we don't use the rollers anywhere they might run through the image. Its the thickness and springiness of the material combined with the pressure being applied.

Two completely different animals. Solvent being solvent is already in it, needs about 1/2 the heat a latex ink needs to encapsulate the ink into the vinyl.