• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test print

ravitan

did a search for this. So if anyone knows where a thread is, please point it out
there is a missing lins in the yellow test print it only print half , in the horizontal ?
made 99 min nozzel wash
clean around the heds
change the lines under the caping , but the problem remain in the yellow
sp2 130
bulk system
triangel ink

Attachments

• _1_~1.jpg
    _1_~1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 117

tcorn1965

Was having the same issue with Cyan. It ended up being a smashed ink line where the lines joined in back (somebody over tightened).. Ink starvation.

ravitan

Well the black is working like this for 18 months (no devil eye:)
I pulled a good amount of yellow from the pumps zone , no change so far..
Could it be air issu it strated when i run out of yellow then i the 6 lines missing it the test print(yellow)
Then i made fill up and look what happed
Is it true that fill up can help realease air from the system?
Anyway i saw u can realeas air frome the damper ,looks risky to me..

ravitan

Could it be air issu, it strat when i run out of yellow in my bulk ink system then i got around 6 lines missing in the test print(yellow).

Then i made fill up ink and half of the yellow is missing
I want to pull some air from the system
Is it true that fill up can help realease air from the system?
Anyway i saw u can realeas air frome the damper area haw do i do that?
I pulled a good amount of yellow from the pumps zone , no change so far..

Redz Signs Inc.

what could have happened is that your capping station screws hit the head. the blank center of the yellow indicated where the screw is pull the cover off the left side and slide the head over and take a peak. do you keep you head on thick or thin?

MikePro

head strike I'd imagine. your head is fried.
take a peek underneath and you'll most likely fine a scratch across the center of the printhead.

JoshLoring

ravitan said:
Well the black is working like this for 18 months (no devil eye:)

You must not care what your output looks like from 5 feet away. Get new black heads. This is bad bad bad.

artbot

missing centers to test prints can be a clogged head manifold. do the missing lines move around? or is it the same pattern always?

4R Graphics

As others have said look for a scratch under the head if it looks good could just be clogged. Your black head could be cleaned up and may recover some of those missing nozzles not sure since it been clogged for so long.

Here is what I would do if there is no scratch.
Do this to the black head as well may help recover the missing nozzles.

I have a JV3 and use triangle ink as well.
what I do when missing nozzles is remove the dampner and get a syringe full of flush move the carriage over and fold up a paper towel and set in on the wipper rails now push the carriage over until the head you are going to clean is over the paper towel now take the syring with a piece of tubing that fits the nipple the dampner goeas on (its the same size as the pump lines) put the tube on the nipple and push the flush through the head. I look under the head while doing this and apply enough pressure to get a stream (just enough pressure to get a stream) coming from the nozzles Iwill do this for at least 1 but usually 2 or 3 syringe fulls (I use a 3cc syringe I think its 3 cc) pull the paper towel out and replace after every syringe.

Put dampner back on and do ink fill.

This usually will clear up most of the nozzles if you do it as soon as the nozzles become clogged.

This works for me but I take no responsibility for any damage you cause.

on really bad heads I do the same thing but with an electric pump and I run the pump for 10 min or more with the head removed from the printer (with the pump setup you can see when the nozzles become unclogged and if they dont clear up after 3 or 4 10 min cycles they usually wont clear up). I had a head that looked worse than your black head and built this pump system and cleaned it and recovered the head to only 3 missing nozzles and have saved myself at least 3 heads since I built it.

Good luck
and if you do the syringe thing remember only enough pressure to get a steady stream coming from the nozzles.

On a side note Artbot is the man when it comes to the Mimaki printers I cant thank him enough for the help I have gotten from him. Thank You Artbot.

Final note:
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY CAUSE USING THE METHOD I HAVE WRITTEN.

ravitan

jpg is attach
it looks like a scratch from the middel of the head to the left side
i wonder what made this one , since the scratch start in the middel and ends in the left side of the head (i print thick all the time) could not cose from the capping

could be the new wiper holder whith one arm longer .in the jpg its the one white no wiper in it. i got for free from the ink supplier

afther a weekend i saw the machin whith no wiper (which i found later..insid somewere..) the wiper released frome the holder
i dont know way.
the thec guy is on his way whith a new head (1050$ not includ work which i estimat around 200$ aawwochhhhhh)

thank u alll. thank u for the answers and support.

Attachments

• _1_~1.jpg
    _1_~1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 112
  • _2_~1.jpg
    _2_~1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 107

SARTampaBay

Ouch. Never seen a wiper holder like that. Oddly the mark on the head looks a little like a capping plate to me. Are those still in place?

Redz Signs Inc.

jpg is attach
it looks like a scratch from the middel of the head to the left side
i wonder what made this one , since the scratch start in the middel and ends in the left side of the head (i print thick all the time) could not cose from the capping

could be the new wiper holder whith one arm longer .in the jpg its the one white no wiper in it. i got for free from the ink supplier

afther a weekend i saw the machin whith no wiper (which i found later..insid somewere..) the wiper released frome the holder
i dont know way.
the thec guy is on his way whith a new head (1050$ not includ work which i estimat around 200$ aawwochhhhhh)

thank u alll. thank u for the answers and support.

you better beleive that i would be contacting that supplier and have a heart to heart ... atleast try to make a claim that he has to pay for it due to a faulty product...

MikePro

while you have a tech coming in, i'd have him install the new printhead on the Black channel, and use the Black Head with the misfiring nozzles on the Yellow channel.

you'll still be limping on a mediocre printhead, but your alignments will be better (less banding) since the alignment procedures rely on the black printhead as the base for aligning the other printheads AND, who knows, the flush may improve those misfiring nozzles.

ravitan

the techman was hear
he saw the scratch which thake place in 2 heads and replace bothe of them..
his said that it mite couse from the paper that sumtimies jammed or going up and toche the heads
leater on when he removed the heads i comper the scratch to the wiper holder
jpg is attach.
we mixed the heds location
the new loctions
k=new
m=was good
c=refresh the black and put it in cyan (no big improvment but prit fine..)
y=new
naw im going to try to reduce the costs becouse of the wiped holder that i got
i got it whith jv3 wiper in it, inside triangel ink (solvet inks for mimaki jv3)

attached some beuty shoots as well

Attachments

• IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 92

ravitan

scrow

hey u all
i talk whith the chif tec which is responsibal for everything in the company that supply ink and tec support for mimaki in israel
he sys that the hades got a scratch from the scrows in the capping station.

he claim that the wiper holder that he supplay is o.k there are 2 kids of them and they both good 4 jv3
i cant see no reason why the caping hit the scrows cose the scroes are all the way dawon whith some ink on them
he told me that its happen all the time
i guss he also herd from the tec guy that i told him that i opend the caping staion (500 meter ago..)
any info on scowos scratch?
what do u think is he trying to scrow me?