• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

test strip before job

doxtoby

Hello, I have a question that I thought might be worth asking to see if anyone has created something.

Before printing your job does anyone print a 4 or 6 inch strip by the width of the printer. This print will have different colors on it to show if any nozzles on the print head a clogged. It may also help to keep nozzles from being clogged.

I have a Mimaki cjv30-130 and thought that this might help with the longevity of the printer.

If someone does have this could they share the file.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's what the test print button is for. It print's all of the nozzles and you can see if any are missing just by looking at it. Some people do run a print that you are describing when they aren't using the printer much so that the nozzles fire once in a while and don't clog. but other than that, you shouldn't need to print it before every job if the machine is working properly.