• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TEXTUR3D™ Dimensional Logo

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Just thought this came out pretty cool. It was basically done as a favor by one of the vendors I use.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 84

TimToad

Its really cool, I just would love to see the main message more proud from the surface. There is so much nice dimension to it, then its like "oh well, how about a 1/8" depth on the primary text."

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Its really cool, I just would love to see the main message more proud from the surface. There is so much nice dimension to it, then its like "oh well, how about a 1/8" depth on the primary text."

Yeah, it could always be better. But again, it was basically done as a favor, so I'm not one to pick stuff like that apart and complain about it. :)

Very nice...

Thanks, Rick!

Looks precise.

Do you go into convulsions if you look at sign that's not level ?

Only if it's one that I installed.

TimToad

I'd love to know more about how it was done and just to be clear, making an observation or sharing a thought isn't picking something apart or criticizing it. Its really cool and very well done.

I read your post, I knew the context and also subscribe to the "beggers can't be chosers" philosophy.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'd love to know more about how it was done and just to be clear, making an observation or sharing a thought isn't picking something apart or criticizing it. Its really cool and very well done.

I read your post, I knew the context and also subscribe to the "beggers can't be chosers" philosophy.

I gotchya!

This really looks good.
I like it a lot.

wayne k
guam usa

Thank you!

ChrisN

Nice sign!

I'd love to know more about how it was done

I'm betting it was UV printed using multiple layers. The slight banding on certain views reminds me of that. At ISA this year, Canon had some pretty impressive examples of what could be done with multiple-layer UV prints. That's what makes me really excited about getting a true flatbed!:Big Laugh

Edit: I thought I recognized the name! TEXTUR3D is Direct Color System's name for that process.

TimToad

Nice sign!

I'm betting it was UV printed using multiple layers. The slight banding on certain views reminds me of that. At ISA this year, Canon had some pretty impressive examples of what could be done with multiple-layer UV prints. That's what makes me really excited about getting a true flatbed!:Big Laugh

Edit: I thought I recognized the name! TEXTUR3D is Direct Color System's name for that process.

I wonder how the head sensor measures the distance from a low spot to a high spot to avoid strikes? Or does it just keep running pass after pass until the final and highest depth is achieved?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Thanks guys!!

The machine is apparently temperamental. It's one of those 'when it works, it works great' things...

sardocs

Overall, that's a real beauty. It might just be a non-issue but I'm bothered by the conflicting drop-shadows. One line is shadowed to the left then the line of text below is shadowed to the right. I really do like the logo however.

jeremy_daniel

I agree with most the other comments. I dig the cut out and then it raising a little from the main cut out, but I'd have loved to see that test have dimension it just seems really flat there.

Other than that it looks cool.