• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Textured Laminate?

daenterpri

Hello! I'm looking for a textured laminate that doesn't smudge. We've been using Rtape 5Mil Poly, but now we need something with a little more bite to it. We've tried the Oracal 250AS product, which is a floor laminate. It's about the right texture, but it smudges really easily.

We need something kinda gritty that doesn't smudge. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hello! I'm looking for a textured laminate that doesn't smudge. We've been using Rtape 5Mil Poly, but now we need something with a little more bite to it. We've tried the Oracal 250AS product, which is a floor laminate. It's about the right texture, but it smudges really easily.

We need something kinda gritty that doesn't smudge. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

How do they smudge? Are you printing onto the laminate? I have a few versions of floor graphics lam. I have a 5 Mil Polycarbonate, 10 Mil Polycarbonate, and a 6 Mil Synthetic Polycarb lam if your interested.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Yes any Polycarb laminate will give you texture. Not sure what "smudge" is either in this context.

daenterpri

Hey guys - Thanks!

What I mean by smudge is that finger oils and other things that come in contact with it seem to leave permanent marks or smudges. Something we never had an issue with when using Polycarbonate.

daenterpri

BigfishDM - That would be great. I'll PM you my address.

Also, is there a difference in texture / embossing between the 10mil and 5mil polycarbonate do you think? Or just thickness? It's possible that a 10mil might do the trick if there was actually a little more bite to the texture.